Hello all. I’m taking a day off from walking due to a nasty stomach ick. And in the meantime I have books, as usual. So I can show off what I acquired this week while I convalesce.
And here’s the bounty, in all of its glory.
I’m in the midst of reading Amy Tintera’s
debut Reboot. She’s coming to the store I work at this week with the DARK DAYS
tour. I like it, though I’m not completely in the mood for it. I’m still enjoying it. What I really want is the last Nicole Peeler
Tempest book (out May 28) or the new Jennifer Estep
book (august 2013). So I can’t really
have what I want, but I’m loving the one I’m with… as it were.
Beyond that, I’m really excited about the new Melissa Marr
book. I’m one book behind on her, but I’m really looking forward to The Arrivals
. Maybe it will spurn me on to reading Carnival of Souls
(which I haven’t been in the mood for either).
And I suppose I need to write the review for Easy
by Tammara Webber
, which I read this week as well. I’m trying to phrase how I feel about it, which is complicated. I liked it, but it was flawed. I’ll phrase my thoughts better later this week.
I’m gunning hard for Urban Fantasy right now. And I know why… summer approaches, and I love nothing more than reading fun pulp books in the sun. I’m trying to catch up on ARCs and failing abysmally. I did just read (and loved) The Bone Season
by Samantha Shannon
. It’s a fantastic book, and you should all go out and preorder it now.
In other news, Rick Yancey’s The 5th Wave
is out tomorrow. And it’s also fantastic. And, oh lookie… this is in the ARC.
Also, the paperback copy of Shadow and Bone
by Leigh Bardugo
is out tomorrow… and lookie…there is this too.
Seriously. Just look.
And there I am. In both namesakes. In both books (sort of). In two contexts.
Okay, that’s all for this week. What are you looking forward to? And what are you reading this week?
Thanks all. Have a great week!
Perks 17: April 29 – May 6, 2013
- The Spiderwick Chronicles – Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. Final hardcover format.
- Undercurrent – Paul Blackwell. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
- The Assassin’s Curse – Cassandra Rose Clarke. Final quality paperback.
- A Darkness Strange and Lovely – Susan Dennard. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
- Sacrifices – Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill. Final quality paperback.
- The Arrivals – Melissa Marr. Advanced reader copy.
- The Shade of the Moon – Susan Beth Pfeffer. Advanced reader copy.
- Moonset – Scott Tracey. Final quality paperback.
- Easy – Tammara Webber. Final quality paperback.
- Emilie & the Hollow World – Martha Wells. Final quality paperback.