Hello all from Bookworld. Here’s what’s happening this week in mine.
– Parcel from Harpercollins –
– Cute Yukicat with part of this week’s haul – the contents from the Harpercollins package –
– Random House, Harpercollins, and a few goodies –
A few neat things happened this week. Of course you probably read my earlier post
in which I described what it was like (briefly) meeting Neil Gaiman
at a signing in Ann Arbor. It was a fantastic event, amazingly run by Nicola’s and the Michigan theatre, and full of emotions. I don’t think I have felt that way about meeting an author except Mr. Peadar O’Guilin
, but that’s a different story since we are actually friends.
Gaiman was fantastic. And sweet. And kind. And gracious. And everything that I wanted.
And late. Very, very late. But he was cute about it. So he wins.
I bought his book through the event. It came with the ticket purchase. So I will be reading it soon, just not this week. This week is full of chaos and concerns and all things crazy. And I will be going off the grid for a week following, so don’t be surprised if my posts seem lagging. They will be, but there’s a good reason for it.
Yes, mawwiage is what brings us together… someday soon.
And I’m excited. And nervous. And thrilled.
(And sick to my stomach.)
… but in a good way.
So, the other goodie that I am REALLY excited for (besides mawwiage) is an advance reading copy of Andrew Fukuda’s The Trap
. The Hunt
was my favourite book last year and The Prey
was equally impressive as it has the scariest vampire scene that I have ever read in it. Ideally, I’d like to squeeze reading The Trap
in tomorrow, before I am off to the wild and feral woods (ha!) of Michigan. I could read it up north, but I’ll be camping. And that sounds like a very bad idea. Or a great one, if I want to be jumping at every sound all night long. That sounds like a fantastically wrong time to read it, right? Of course right.
was given to me by the fabulous David
. He snatched me a copy from ALA and then lugged it home with many, many goodies. Go and say hello from me on his blog.
Other than that I’m in a weird mental place. It supposed to be the week for it though, right? I’m not nervous about the act of marrying the Beekeeper, I am nervous about being on display. Which I don’t like at all. And I’m a bride, so I can’t escape it. So, we’ll see how this goes.
And with that, I am off. What books are you looking forward to read? What books are you reading right now? Are there any of these duplicates that you would like to see given away?
Enjoy your day, folks! It’s my last one working for two weeks. Sigh. And Bliss.
Perks 24: July 1 – 10th, 2013
- Fates – Lanie Bross. Advanced reader copy.
- Promise Bound – Anne Greenwood Brown. Advanced reader copy.
- A Radiant Sky – Jocelyn Davies. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
- The Trap – Andrew Fukuda. Advanced reader copy.
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane – Neil Gaiman. Final Hardcover. Bought.
- Eat Brains Love – Jeff Hart. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
- Hideous Love – Stephanie Hemphill. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate..
- Lighthouse Island – Paulette Jiles. Advanced reader copy.
- The Brokenhearted – Amelia Kahaney. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
- No Angel – Helen Keeble. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
- The Mirk and the Midnight Hour – Jane Nickerson. Advanced reader copy.
- Across a Star-Swept Sky – Diana Peterfreund. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
- The Glass Casket – McCormick Templeman. Advanced reader copy.
- Blackout – Robison Wells. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
- Once We Were – Kat Zhang. Advanced reader copy. Duplicate.
– Follow the Reader –