A while back I received another blog award, this one from Meghan at Midnightfume. It’s another ruled thingie, so here it goes.
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award.
2. Answer the following 10 survey questions mentioned below. (There are actually only 9, so I’ll make up a random one… or you guys can ask me one, and I’ll answer it).
3. Pass it on to another 15 bloggers that are fairly new and interesting to you. (This I won’t actually do… blog awards are chain letters of the blog world, and I don’t do those in real life either.)
4. Contact the bloggers so they know they have been chosen… see rule 3.
So, here goes. Questions questions… too many questions. You want a shard? Here.
(name the reference and you win a smile from me)
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymous so you could be anonymous now?
First off… that is way too many times using the same adjective… thesauri are very useful things and in the business of slinging words, and hopefully engaging a reader, one should not use the same word 4 times in the same two-line space. Seriously… grow a pair of grammar books.
Secondly, I am not in the closet, nor am I telling everyone online who I am. It’s pretty easy to figure out who I am from different resources through the web. Of course, I don’t want readers showing up at my door bothering me… but I do have wasp nest spray for that. In my other ventures I’m inclined to get my name out there for professional reasons… here I just whinge and moan about books. le sigh.
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Ummm… this whole blog? Incidentally, if you regularly read this blog you probably already know that I can be a bit of a pistol. I do try to hear all sides to a story, assess, and proclaim myself… however, this is largely a blog about my opinion on things and I have a hard time silencing what I think to be offensive. So I don’t, simple as that.
3. What do you see when you really look in the mirror?
Wow, tough question. This year, I see someone who has been through a lot… Much has changed in my personal life recently and people I have relied upon the duration of my existence are no longer in the picture. This year I see pain. Ask me what I see in another year, it might be different.
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
It’s pretty much always iced tea, out in a field with a book.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Isn’t that obvious, I read. But, I also play video games. And paint. And play with my critters, and hang out with my boyfriend. And take long walks, and drive to Lake Michigan and swim in the sand. And make lavish food. And spend time with friends. And giggle, and laugh, and tickle, and sing. And see movies. And whatever pleases me.
I do what I want. Pretty much as often as I can.
6. Is there something you want to accomplish in life? What is it?
I have ambitions, but nothing I am willing to say here. Those need not be in the aether.
7. When you attended school were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
A little of column c and d. I was the Artist. I wrote extremely bad poetry and wore clothing that was different. I drew on every notebook and sulked darkly in the corners. I didn’t go along with social norms. I still do not.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would it be?
Poignant moments are private, or they are not special. I’m not playing that game.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
This blog is for books… not about me. I like to think that I infuse much of who I am into it, but this one is not about me. If you want that, find my Facebook profile.
10. This is the silent question. Ask me one instead… I’ll answer it below.
And now… I’m off….and I’m not going to tag 15 people. Blogs are cool, but again… the chain letter thing. Ta.
– Follow the Reader –