I received another blog award, this time from An Abundance of Books.
Evidently, there are rules that go along with most awards, and I have been breaking them. So…
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave this award.
2. Write seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.
So, the vain part – seven things about myself. Well…
1. I only follow about half the rules all of the time. I’ve always been a rebellious girl. When people tell me what to do I don’t automatically do it, in fact I usually do the opposite just to be contrary.
2. I’m not just a book geek, I’m also an artist. I specialize in Watercolour and Printmaking, primarily the human figure. You can see some of my work (albeit all old stuff) here.
3. I barely know how to run a computer, or design a pretty blog, hence why my blog is so plain and simple and doesn’t have more bells and whistles. I set it up once and I don’t have the patience to change it. However, if anyone could tell my why my copy/paste function doesn’t work on blogger I would sure appreciate it. Until now I have been hand copying things to the letter and it makes for a really grumpy BP when links are blocks long.
4. I love to cook. It’s become a passion in recent years. A friend of mine wants to start a food blog, which I may contribute to. Want to see bibliopunkk cook at all?
5. I also love music. I have 44.92 GBs of music in my I-tunes. If I let it go I would run for 28 days without a repeat. I grew up on classic rock but I love classical, rockabilly, electronic/dance, punk. I have a weakness for anything from the 80’s and 90’s because that’s when I grew up. I leave my I-tunes on shuffle and it’s always a surprise, even to me… and I love Asian pop and rock. Japanese and Korean pop makes my day better. Always. Favourite band of all time – Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Yep.
6. I love anime. Fact. All animated movies and cartoons, really. I considered going into animation for a living until I realized it was largely done on computers anymore.
7. I’ve taken the initiative in the last few years to restore my U’s in my spelling… as in neighbourhood, colour, and so forth. When you see that on your screen it’s not a misspelling. It’s intentional. I’m trying to get back to British spelling ever since I used to IM a friend of mine who is in England. It’s kinda stuck.
As to the rest of the rules… well, I said I was a rule breaker. The eighth sad fact about me is that I don’t really read many blogs. It’s true. I scan, but don’t regularly read, except for Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer. So, in light of that I have a counter suggestion – suggest 15 blogs to me, and maybe I’ll become more blog savvy.
– Follow the Reader –